Friday, August 26, 2011

Spool Knitting...

My dad taught me spool knitting, using a spool he had used as child. It was made by a relative of one of his childhood friends. I loved working on it during car rides, especially when I tagged along with him on vacation when he went to the Santa Cruz and Tahoe regions. After he passed away, going through the storage unit he kept and sorting through things to sell, keep or trash was my job. I cried when I rediscovered this spool in a box of miscellaneous toys and things from my childhood.


I'm currently working on a project for a friend and co-worker in pastel blue/green/lavender variegated crochet thread. Sorry the picture's a bit blurry.


A similar item, called a Wonder Knitter (by Clover) was used to make some of the items for the June 11th yarn-bombing; specifically the snakes and the cherry stems. I also hope to make antenna cozies to put on automobile antennas.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment